3330 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-6389 Phone: +1-215-746-6167
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org CV | Google Scholar Schedule a meeting
I am a professor at the University of Pennsylvania. My research interests include distributed systems, networking, security, and privacy. I am particularly interested in large-scale distributed systems that span multiple administrative domains, such as cloud computing platforms or the Internet's interdomain routing system. I am a member of the Distributed Systems Lab (DSL) and a co-director of the NETS program. I was awarded the Otto Hahn Medal by the Max Planck Society, and I am the recipient of the Ford Motor Company Award for Faculty Advising and the Lindback Award for Distinguished Teaching. Recently I've been working with the team at Roblox Research.
- Karan Newatia (co-advised with Linh Thi Xuan Phan)
- Robert Gifford (co-advised with Linh Thi Xuan Phan)
Some recent publications
- Metaverse as a Service: Megascale Social 3D on the Cloud.
Andreas Haeberlen, Linh Thi Xuan Phan, and Morgan McGuire.
14th ACM Symposium on Cloud Computing (SoCC '23), Oct 2023.
- Arboretum: A Planner for Massive-Scale Federated Analytics with Differential Privacy.
Elizabeth Margolin, Karan Newatia, Edo Roth, Tao Luo, and Andreas Haeberlen.
29th ACM Symposium on Operating Systems Principles (SOSP '23), Oct 2023.
- Mycelium: Large-Scale Distributed Graph Queries with Differential Privacy.
Edo Roth, Karan Newatia, Yiping Ma, Ke Zhong, Sebastian Angel, and Andreas Haeberlen.
28th ACM Symposium on Operating Systems Principles (SOSP '21), Oct 2021.
- REBOUND: Defending Distributed Systems Against Attacks with Bounded-Time Recovery.
Neeraj Gandhi, Edo Roth, Brian Sandler, Andreas Haeberlen, and Linh Thi Xuan Phan.
16th European Conference on Computer Systems (EuroSys '21), Apr 2021.
- Orchard: Differentially Private Analytics at Scale.
Edo Roth, Hengchu Zhang, Andreas Haeberlen, and Benjamin C. Pierce.
14th USENIX Symposium on Operating Systems Design and Implementation (OSDI '20), Nov 2020.